Monday, September 02, 2024

Labor Day Weekend 2024

Saturday: Slow morning, and again, repeating so often, Ford is not sleeping much at night. His legs keep him awake, plus anxiety attacks, visions of people in the room, etc. I did some grocery shopping, bought sushi for dinner. I went through a box of old papers - lots to shred. I am finally starting to sort through old boxes, if I can't bear to throw it away, will at least consolidate and repack and label better. Leaa texted about a last-minute invite as she was cooking pasta for Pearl's birthday (change due to Travis feeling sick), We declined, AA still has a runny nose, didn't want to be exposed to more germs, it is a long drive over there, already had our sushi dinner that we don't like to eat after a it is day old..... Maybe lame reasons, best to stay home.
My Mom sent me a box of goodies - One Pie cans and Bakewell. Supplies I should have bought while in Maine and forgot!
With Joan's surgery yesterday, saw this on Facebook - great photo from Libby's bridal shower:
River House Happy Hour: I took my easy cantaloup, prosciutto ham with fresh mini-mozzarella balls as appetizer (on toothpick). Kathy, Karrie, usual group - there was a birthday "Celebration of Life" for Scott Anderson today (picture of food). Very hot day (92 degrees) but the river breeze was great, cooled us enough to sit out on the lower deck (next to the River Suites). Hugh and Maureen are leaving Monday morning to attend Hugh's brother, Robert funeral. 
Snacks we brought for our little group: shrimp cocktail, hummus and my cantaloupe/prosciutto/mozzarella cheese.
At home, we enjoyed the sushi, watched another episode of Downton. Off to bed fairly early.
Sunday: A quiet morning, I went to church then made plans to meet with Carolyn at Five Guy Burgers on San Jose (no pictures). AA and I met her, enjoyed the burger (decided to get her out of the house while Kayla and Mike were both there - he just arrived back from work trip yesterday), then drove to Barnes and Noble. Since we had a burger to take back to Ford, didn't shop for very long. Carolyn headed to Trader Joe's and we went home. 
I went to Publix to buy groceries for the Cheeseburger Dip (Food TV The Kitchen Show - Sunny Anderson). I cooked the hamburger and chopped most of the ingredients. Later I walked Ginger, we watched bits of several movies, never decided on just one to watch. AA did some studying and working on her common app college applications.
We were not hungry so snacked on hummus, AA ate ice cream and Ford finished his remaining half burger from lunch.
Terri and I chatted about all the genealogy stuff from Mike Whyte - Marilyn's boxes. Terri doesn't think she will find anything new, many duplicates. After 9:00 p.m. - so off to bed!
Monday: Labor Day. Missed out on the Parkinson exercises today. Photo is from Facebook - Last week:
Finished the preparations for the Cheeseburger Dip trifle. We drove to Leaa's at 8:50 a.m. then went to the antique shop at corner of Route 1/CR206 (across from Smokin D's BBQ). Cheeseburger Trifle, I think it was good, would make it again for a gathering/pot-luck. I also brought two bottles of champagne (BOGO at Publix) some chicken tenders, and my cantaloupe mozzarella prosciutto ham appetizers.
Antiquing local - across from the Smokin D's BBQ:
Marsha liked the formed glass in a driftwood base:
Jesse being silly, then Carl joined in!
Last photo: Jesse's caveman look (I think!).
We bought a Mexican pottery turtle as a Christmas gift for Carolyn, hopefully she will like it by her pool.
Local shop:
We enjoyed the food and shopping, maybe Leaa will plan another shop local family time again.
AA drove us home since I had some champagne; we ate leftovers for dinner and watched a Harry Potter movie, then showers and to bed!

No comments: