Sunday, October 13, 2024

Weekend: Friday - Sunday Post Hurricane Milton.

Friday 10/11/24We had a good night sleep with very few ups and down by Ford. He got up around 5 AM and I got up about a half hour afterwards. After Alyzabeth went to school, I began working on my master bedroom closet. I have clothes I hadn’t worn in a while, and the closet had just become junked up between our winter clothes and summer clothes. I sorted through our jackets and all my tops. I still need to try on my slacks. We ran a little late to Ford’s physical therapy due to my closet cleaning. I did some walking and going through my notes while he was at PT. It is a beautiful day cool in the morning about 68°; the sun came up out, warmed up and everything is finally drying out a little. After PT, we went to VyStar credit union to deposit a few checks and fax information to Larry Bradley‘s stock account (Invesco) that needs to be closed out. Next we drove to Bank of America to deposit the check from TASCO (Larry's HSA).  we went to Publix and picked up a few groceries but they did not have the ground pork I needed for our dinner recipe (Publix did have a BOGO champagne Cava!). 
We stopped at Fresh Market and bought the pound of ground pork there. Once home we walked Ginger, took care of the groceries, went to lunch at Bold Bean in Orange Park.  I wasn’t a fan of this coffee shop/restaurant, but our lunch was pretty good; we would be willing to go back again. Ford said it was one of the best hamburgers he ate; the day was so nice we sat outside on the patio (very noisy with traffic but one gets used to it). 
Our last stop was taking our corrugated cardboard to the Doctors Inlet solid waste satellite (ECC) dump off CR220. It was easy to get to it and the attendant showed us where the cardboard dumpster was. While putting cardboard in the machine, it actually is a huge compactor and compacted the cardboard. 
We drove home and I worked a little bit more on our closet and prepped for dinner, which is the eggroll filling recipe and cooked frozen dumplings too. 
Alyzabeth stayed after school talking to Siyan and then came home. She, Siyan D. and Kaylee S. decided to meet at Green Cove Springs' Spring Park for a few hours to chat and relax - it’s the weekend.
Once home, cooked the ground pork cabbage, onions, carrots, ginger, and garlic, and also the frozen dumplings. We continued watching the first Downton Abbey movie and Alyzabeth and I discussed the toy drive in Ian‘s memory. I sent out a text to a group of OPE parents and hope we can get something started. 
This weekend was to be Liv's first play at UCF but has been postponed due to hurricane Milton. The UCF campus got hit harder than what was expected and we also know a family in Deland that was hit hard too. Also, Madison is still here with Mia, as USF is still closed, Madison‘s apartment does not have power and they have not been told that they can come back yet.
Brandon sent me a thank you text for his birthday card and money (we send a small amount, maybe they can buy a food treat or save it for something later).
Saturday: Slow morning, we slept pretty good, getting better. Ginger had a bad morning, throwing up before she even ate breakfast!
AA took a shower, going through donated clothes to take to the FIHS NHS donation Saturday. Ford and I dove to the RAM market, had not been there in a while. We did not find gifts to buy, did buy micro-greens and jalapeno peppers. 
After walking around for about 30 minutes and enjoying the yoga demonstrations, they had all day we drove to Moon River Pizza. We had our usual Gorgonzola salad this time Ford had half a salad with a slice of tea, Rex pizza and I had the whole Gorgonzola salad.  The salads are very filling. I should actually only have a half in the future. We drove home and I walked Ginger she Peed and pooped and then I went through some recipes trying to do some meal planning. We talked to Billy who motors our yard and discussed pressure washing our home pressure, washing the driveway and that need a weed and feed on our lawn.  I wore my Harris T-shirt to the market and got several nice T-shirt comments. Thank you for wearing it and some thumbs up. We did not see a single mega hat or Trump T-shirt. Course I did not see any other hair walls T-shirt either. I cooked the Alabama sausage as our appetizer for the River House and we enjoyed our happy hour as the weather is still gorgeous. 
Lunch was salads at Moon River (on Edgewood) and took a Greek salad home for AA. 
I cooked some Alabama sausage (Conecuh) for our RH appetizer. Kathy did not come as she, Tom and Lydia went out to dinner, then was going to watch college football. We enjoyed our happy hour including Karrie; the weather was beautiful; we love being able to sit outside.  Dinner at home was nothing special, leftovers including my homemade spinach dip, salad and pizza. We watched the end of the first Downton Abbey movie, I walked Ginger, then ready for bed!
Sunday: I skipped church and had a slow morning, deciding what to do with Carolyn. In the end, I decided to pick her up and go for a trail walk. 
AA decided to stay home and work on schoolwork and college essays. Ford stayed to watch the Jaguars lose in London!
I took our recyclables to Carolyn's (plastic, glass, tin, etc.), then we went to the Castaway Island Preserve. It is totally handicap/wheelchair accessible so knew would suit our hiking abilities! There were a few "lookouts" over the marsh/intercoastal, many signs about island animals and a lovely building (very similar to our Pelote's Island Preserve building) but was closed.
We then went to lunch at Cafe, which turned out to be just okay. The menu includes salads and sandwiches, but we stuck to the breakfast platters. 
Once back at Carolyn's we fussed inside and outside her home (dishes, picking up, sweeping moving her plants and watering them, wiping down the round patio table we gave her, etc.). After cooling our feet in her pool, I drove home.
Our dinner was boring, a salad with micro-greens, cheese and crackers and Ford's home baked bread with butter. We watched a movie called "Wicked Little Letters" on Netflix - Marsha and Carl told us about it; heavy on the swear words (each letter is filled with insults and swear words). It is a mystery with several CRAZY characters, based on a real story. By the end we were laughing and Ford said, "We are now damaged"!!. Too funny. Carl and Marsha thought is was creative writing and hilarious, just had to get past all the bad language. Most of the story is sad so all together kind of made us crazy! The portrayal of the 1920's police force (with one policewoman) was at most idiotic (the men) and the family life tragic. Interesting! 

No comments: