Sunday, September 22, 2024

Monday 09/16/24 and Sing Out Loud

Monday: Forever Family - Gottcha Day! It has been 16 years! AA is so grown up (ate at PF Chang yesterday).
AA went to school, she had a very sore knee once home, more icing and airing out of her leg. Ford and I went to his Parkinson exercise class, then to Publix for groceries. Leaa was waiting for us at the house, had good conversation, Ford nodded off a few times and told her about hallucinations, overall a good visit (she stayed while I picked up AA from school). Dinner: I cooked the "Alabama sausage" with peppers and onions, simple but filling dinner. We always watch Jeopardy, then get ready for bed. Ford tried to change while in the den, had to redirect him to our bedroom, unusual (documenting some of the things he does, in case a doctor asks). During the night, he was in bed longer but fidgeted much more while seemingly "asleep"; I didn't get much sleep due to all the movement (pulling at his shirt dozens of times each time he changed positions), he did sleep in his chair in the early morning, so I did get a few hours of sleep. He did use the bathroom once, was disoriented, so I helped him, but unfortunately made a urine mess all around the toilet, first time, will remind him at night each time so it hopefully doesn't happen again.
Tuesday: Ford had PT in the morning, I walked about 30 minutes, chatted with my Mom. We then drove to get my hair colored with Steve, then back home for lunch of leftover Public sandwiches (from yesterday). I picked up AA after her NHS tutoring session (volunteer work),
We planned to go to our usual River House Happy Hour, but the message came that the RH was closed, no reason given. Ford and I had a glass of wine at home, the crostini, fig jam, pistachio nuts and blue cheese appetizer, then dinner of leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
Wednesday: No appointments! Yeah! I am still driving AA to and from school. Ford had a decent night, only two fights with imaginary men and a few bathroom trips; otherwise we slept the most in weeks. We went to Walmart (prescription) then to lunch at Maple Street Biscuit. Added an inexpensive (Walmart) fall garland to our front door wreath - Jesse's homemade peace sign.
I began the process of closing one more of LB's accounts (stocks), made a dentist appointment, gathered two birthday cards for Nicole and Leaa (and $$$) and confirmed AA"s surgeon's follow up appointment for next Friday. After picking up AA, Ford and I went to the River House (Ford fell backwards when trying to step up into the house; all okay, it was a short, slow fall, he is fine). We picked up a Mellow Mushroom pizza for dinner (half pie of Great White and half of House Special). Watched another episode of Downton Abbey.
ThursdayFord and I went to his Parkinson exercise class. Went to Spring Park Coffee Shop, Ford had his classic lemonade. 
Then a quick trip to Publix for helium balloons, yellow roses and a rotisserie chicken for dinner. Spoke to Leaa, told her about Joan's diagnosis; Joan is choosing not to have treatment right now.
I got in for my teeth cleaning at 2:50 p.m.; all good, have a small cavity that will get filled in October. AA had her session with Laureen. Sprayed weeds in our walkways. Made an appointment to have truck oil changed.
Friday: Celebrating AA's Birthday! See separate post for the 20th and 21st. Ford went to PT, then we had lunch at Time Out Deli. Shopped for dinner items, balloons, ice cream cake. I finished one more item on my executor/LB's estate task list - got the "medallion" guaranteed signature (fancy notarized for securities/stock exchange) and mailed the forms. Have one more account to close.
Saturday: AA's birthday family dinner at Mikado's. See Separate post.
Sunday 22nd: I actually slept most of the night, so happy to have sleep of several hours in a row! Ford slept late, so we are much better. I went to church. AA drove to SA to attend the Sing Out Loud concert with Leaa and Dylan - Leaa was gifted three tickets but Jesse can't go (he is playing at the Colonial Oaks Park Sunday evening).
Ford and I went to the River House, with Kathy, enjoyed a nice breeze, was 90 degrees but did not feel it at the river. Watched some football (Jaguars are on Monday night this week). Ford and I ate leftover pork taco and facetimed Jim Read - good catching up with him!
And she arrived home at 11:45 p.m. Safe! She had fun!

No comments: