Friday, August 16, 2024

Wednesday - Friday (08/16/24)

August 14th - August 16th: Wednesday: We all get up while AA gets ready for school, sometimes I am a bit slower so Ford takes Ginger outside, AA has a small breakfast (some combination of juice, fruit, bacon, muffin, etc.). After she leaves for school, we take showers, dress, get ready for the day. Today, I planned to work on this blog as I am almost a month behind and also cook a dinner. I walked Ginger and prepared for dinner - making homemade Jambalaya. I cooked the sausage, chicken and chopped the garlic, peppers, onions and celery.
Once AA was home from school, she had a snack and started on her homework - Spanish tonight, answering fifteen questions with photos as proof - all in Spanish.
Thursday: Ford is still suffering from his skin infection, so no Parkinson exercises this morning. Since I have not been walking much I talked him into going to the Mall with me, so I can get in some steps (inside where it is cool!). He walked a very little, I enjoyed my walk and bought Clinique lipstick and got the free products. Next was lunch, take-out from King Kabob on Kingsley (Beef and chicken kabobs with two sides). Very good and plenty for AA to have some as her after school snack. AA doing homework, dinner was leftover jambalaya (AA watched her Star Wars TV show, and I looked up info on jambalaya and when I tried an audio to make sure we were pronouncing correctly, it sounded like Darth Vader was coming through the TV - a good laugh!) and a few walks with Ginger, and I thought our day was over - Nope! I leave messages on different local neighborhood groups when I see people giving away bikes - so I commented, and Mary responded. She and hubby lives in OP/off Blanding, so Ford and I went to get the bikes and deliver to the OP Methodist church James Boys bike repair area. They are such sweet people! I could not believe they had seven bikes. No way to get in our short bed truck - but they got their son and friend (live across the street) to load them for us! Strong youngish men did the job. We drove extremely slow and unloaded, back home at 8:35 p.m. Worth it to get so many. I also have two bikes to pick up tomorrow!
An older post about donating bikes:
Our haul of donated bikes!
Friday 16th: AA off to school, and our usual morning, mine with coffee and a quick blog writing. Drove to Ford's PT, walked while he was there and spoke to Terri (at Chris' babysitting kids and trying to organize Autumn's room!) then spoke to Hilary about her work life and that she is going to the Maine Scottish Highland Games tomorrow with Aunt Patti (Patricia); and last spoke to Mom briefly as she was heading to a doctor's appointment, squeezed her in as she has bites on her legs! Once home, took Ginger to her groomer appointment.
Picked up bikes from Sheila (2) and Bettie H. (1) also in Mandarin. Driving slow over the Buckman bridge was a bit stressful!
Ford made a pot of spaghetti sauce to our dinner; we ate early before AA left for the Fleming Island HS football game/scrimmage. Jesse (One Good Ring) was playing at Colonial Oaks but we decided not to go, long drive.
After struggling with loading and unloading the three bikes, we were at OPMC, so why not stop at the River House - this was our coolest day, very unusual, a nice breeze. Then home for our spaghetti dinner.
Not sure I want to pick up bikes across the river, securing the bikes is a huge effort so that there is no chance of falling off the truck.
AA was in a photo posted on the FIHS Facebook page: She is to the left of Siyan. The theme was minions so yellow and blue clothes.
AA before she left home:
Siyan's brother Chase is on the varsity football team!
And to end on a sad note: SIL Joan Morgan found out her cancer is back (on her tongue); she will have surgery on August 30th, praying for complete recovery. We told Leaa, will tell Justin and Mia.

No comments: