Sunday, May 12, 2024

Mother Day's - Enjoyed the Day!

Morning began with Ford and I driving the Black 2015 Subaru Forester to Suburban, the Owner Greg is buying it to keep for a family a member. We are glad we sold it, one less car in our driveway.

I went to church, nice service, Bible verses about how church, worship should be fun. positive, not like a funeral. 
Church gave Mom's a flower:
We enjoyed a too sweet French toast casserole, the "crumble top" had too much sugar, so if make it again, remember to reduce it.
Justin gave me a blue daze plant and AA gave me two hanging baskets of it! Same plants as I already planted in the front yard. Too funny! I received cards from Nicole, Justin, Ford and AA. We were invited to the beach, to meet up with Leaa and family, but declined.
Lots of phone calls and texting about Melissa and her surgery from Friday - she was operated on again today. Mom, Terri and Andrew went to the hospital. Glad to hear it went "fine" but she will be in ICU and then a few days in a hospital room. Pretty serious health conditions which may need further surgery.
After doing the dishes and other chores, Ford and I went to Whitey's Fish Camp, sat at outside bar and had two beers each (I definitely liked the Sierra Nevada Haze over the Intuition I-10).
From our side yard:
We watched American Idol after having country ribs for dinner (new recipe from the TV show the Kitchen - cooked in the crock pot, then under the broiler with apricot jam and pickled cherry pepper spread. We liked them okay, just not the BBQ flavor we usually have.
Called Mom for a final chat about her day and Melissa. Hopefully everyone gets some sleep and Melissa too!

No comments: