Thursday, July 03, 2008

Count Down Calendar - July Update

Hey! We've moved closer! Only TWO DAYS away from our LID date!!! The July 2008 referrals moved the January 2006 LID'ers from January 20 to January 25! (Dave will shoot me but he has his own take on what it means to miss the cut. Sorry Dave. You can shoot me when we meet up in Guangzhou :)

Aly and I think we have this figured out now. We're guessing that the August referral will be for 1 day, moving us to within 1 day. For September, we think there will not be any referrals, keeping us 1 day away. However, come October, we think we have a shot at finally getting our referral as CCAA finishes out ALL of 2006!

Listen, if we can't smile about our journey what's left to do but drive everyone CRAZY! :) And seriously, it is hard to get all down and mopey when you remember how many families will be celebrating seeing the faces of their little ones for the VERY FIRST TIME come next week!!! We would rather join in the joy and wish them a speedy TA and safe travel to China and back. Life is good...
peace
fm

(We should have waited until the date was "Official" to post our Count Down Calendar but you know what? Forget official... We know the 27th missed the cut and we know that some good friends of ours sitting on the 26th also missed the cut. And we all know some good folks who made the cut with an LID on the 25th... That's official enough for us and chances are we all need to get outside and do some deep breathing exercises anyway and enjoy the fireworks! And we also wanted to say thanks to all of you who took the time to check in on us. It helps having folks around that understand all that is happening and care enough to offer their words of comfort and support. Thanks all- we truly do appreciate it so very much.
Happy 4th everyone! )

23 comments:

Mar said...

I am a silent lurker... The warmth of your heart is amazing. Hopefully you see Alyzabeth's cute little face sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

Oh bless your heart.

As soon as I heard I thought of you.

I choose to believe you get your referral next month but I understand the position you are taking.

Hold on Alyzabeth, Mom and Dad are coming!

4D said...

Great 'tude! I have been thinking of you a lot. Your hypothesis sounds great...let's send a memo out and make sure the C*C*A*A* accomplishes it!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Thank you for your kind and uplifting e-mails. I have come to a real peace today about not being in this time. And I don’t know about you guys but we still have a lot to do to prepare, so it will keep us very busy for the next few weeks and I am sure it will fly by. And before we know it we will be staring at our little ones faces. And then we will be hopefully meeting each other at an airport or Hong Kong and flying on to pick up our beautiful little Alyzabeth and Savannah. We hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Brian and Melinda
1-27-06

OH MY #6 said...

Happy 4th to you both. And, LOVE, I mean, LOVE, your attitude. U 2 are awesome!

Lea
xo

Unknown said...

Alyson-
Thanks for the post on my blog...when I saw your LID my heart sank, as I had been hitting "refresh" on the RQ site all day, seeing if they got past the 25th.
I will keep you all in my thoughts as prayers as we all wait this out...your positive attitude is an example to us all.
Patti

Kim said...

Happy 4th.. and just think ... you are next...
HUGS..
I can't wait till next month...
HUGS.
You guys are the best..

Lisa and Tate said...

So disappointed for you guys! I do appreciate the love and happiness you are able to project for those who are experiencing THEIR JOY right now.... Your time is coming.... I am sure it will be way before OCT??!!!

Laurie said...

You have an incredibly positive outlook! Alyzabeth is going to have great parents, whenever she shows her beautiful little face!

(I think it is NEXT month!) :-) Hang in there.

Catherine said...

((hugs)) friends. Cannot begin to imagine how you're feeling. SO SORRY that you were so close. Praying for you.

Now....October? Feel badly for you (heh...you'll be IN CHINA in OCTOBER!!!) and well....according to you I'll be getting a referral. Yikes! It's fun to dream but honestly it would freak me out completely!!

((hugs)), love and support. August IS your month!

Melissa said...

Well it looks like I will see you in China! Can't wait!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Glad you are staying positive....your day is coming!

Happy 4th!

Lisa

Christine said...

Waiting with you! No way...You will get your referral next month with the rest of the Pandas!!! I just know it. I love your little calendar and all the smiley faces. OMG we are so close! Enjoy the month of July and Happy 4th!!

Vivian M said...

The wait is almost over. You will have Aly in your arms this year!

Deb said...

Now that's the attitude I'm talking about! Soooon Mama! Soon.

Have a great 4th of July!

Lili said...

OMG!~!!... y'all are almost there!! Happy 4th... I hope the rumor for this month is wrong and the 27th is included!!

Dannye said...

hope you're enjoying a happy and safe 4th (the last without Alyzabeth An!!! This I know for sure!!).....

-Dannye (& Ray)

LaLa said...

Can't wait till next month!! Hang in there : )

Unknown said...

Oh you guys are good! Well, I will be waiting with baited breathe for your joyous news WHENEVER it is! Just remember, they are searching for the cutest and the best for you in all of China and that takes a long, long time.:)

Hugz....your friend Alyson

Gail said...

Keep those spirits up!!

It will happen when the time is right!

Tie a knot in that rope and keep on swinging!!

That's enough of that for now.

Following closely.
Blessings,
Gail

Donna said...

Ford, why are you thinking just one day for next month and then none for September? Just a gut feeling?

As a February LID'er you know I don't want to hear this! ;) This moves me to 2009 for a referral...ughh!!

Donna :)

Alyson and Ford said...

:) Now Donna, you did see were ALL of 2006 would be referred in October? :)
peace
fm

Alyson and Ford said...

Did anyone see an "h" around here anywhere? I've seem to have lost one :)