Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Quilt is Complete!!

It's done. Complete. It's PERFECT!!! From laying out the individual fabric squares (read November 26, 2006 post, yes, I do mean 2006) to having them stitched together for the top (December 01, 2007).

Looking back over the progress reminds me of the fun in swapping squares and receiving squares from family and friends. Looking forward to the mail each day. It also reminds me of all the work my MIL Joy did in making this the absolute perfect 100 Good Wishes Quilt for Alyzabeth An!

I love the border and prairie points, look at the very bottom right corner of the picture where you can see the stitches. The picture below shows the stitching on the back side. The hand stitching is unbelievably beautiful! Isn't it GRAND? Thank you!!

I love it that Nana Joy included her tag. This way Lizzy will always be reminded of the loving hands that stitched her quilt...

Each square is so important. So meaningful. I'm constantly stopping to look and touch the individual squares and just had to share this with you all. The quilt is filled with memories and good wishes and a lifetime of love that Lizzy will have for her lifetime...all captured in her 100 Good Wishes Quilt.

Thank you so much.

18 comments:

Kim said...

How fun...
The quilt will be something Alyzabeth An will cherish forever...
I can not see the pictures from this post.. but I can from your other post..
Have a Great Day..
Going over to Lizzy's quilt blog..

Kim said...

Okay.. must have been on my end... It is soooo pretty..
The stitching around the border of the quilt is wonderful...
So special..
You are getting there.. pretty soon you will have your little girl on that quilt..
Hugs to you both.

rubyiscoming said...

Positively GORGEOUS - Lizzy will love it :)

4D said...

That is just beautiful!

Keep smilin!

Unknown said...

awesome...btw, you have some great links on your side bar


the quilt is really nice

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I like... I have just had an offer from a lady who is a customer and has a quilt making business... she is going to make my 100 square quilt for free... I have some leftover and with those make a small quilt for the crib...

Robin said...

absolutely beautiful! I hope I do Maddy's quilt justice when I finally get going on it!

Linda said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL!! Wrapped in love is what your girl will be. The stitching is beautiful..What a gift to your Daughter...Linda

C's Mom said...

Stunning...what a beautiful treasure for your girl :0)

comingaroundagain said...

Wow - very beautiful!

(I love the border too and prairie points too. Very cool details. . . .)

Donna said...

What a beautiful quilt. I love the border and stitching work...definitely a lot of love went into this.

Donna :)

Anonymous said...

The quilt is beautiful! Congrats on finally having it finished!

Thanks for stopping by our blog!

Emma in Australia

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Your daughter is going fall in love with that wonderful quilt.
Tom, Wendy, and Andrew

Anonymous said...

It's AMAZING!! I see one of mine...the music notes.....WOW,I'd love to see it up front & personal!
Love ya!

Lisa and Tate said...

Wow!! Your quilt looks beautiful! I know just what you mean about looking forward to the mail and the connection and remembering every single person. I have been working on Tate's quilt right now with squares and scraps all over the living room.... Can't wait to post in.

PunditMom said...

It's beautiful. Someday I'll get one done for PunditGirl!

Jill and Rick said...

Your quilt is beautiful! (found your blog through your comment on ours) I also saw your LID and even tho' we've never met, I'm excited for how close you're getting to referral!

Jill G

Deb said...

Beautiful! Feeling quilty guilty here.....I must blow the dust off that...