Friday, May 28, 2010

Next Stop - The Foy's

The Foy's were in our travel group to China in September 2008 and they adopted Sophie. During our trip up and down the East coast we visited them. When we first arrived, Sophie was just waking up from a nap, so was a bit shy as expected.

After playing and sharing her toys on the large front porch, she began showing us her smiles and giggles:

She's not the happiest when AA drove her Barbie car; but AA had LOTS of fun (I hope there is one on Craig's list soon!):

Sophie has lots of play areas around her house; a bouncy house, a play house with it's own deck and playground/slide, a swimming pool and plenty of yard to run in (not to mention three HUGE dogs for playmates!):

Isn't she adorable?

The fancy play house!




Daddy helping with the fun:

The big slide:

We went inside for a North Carolina BBQ dinner and the girls got real silly with running and jumping (visit their blog for the video and more pictures):


We had a wonderful time and wished we lived closer; the girls were precious together. I think every six month visit wouldn't be too soon.....

6 comments:

Aimee said...

I wish we could have gotten together while you were in NC.. you probably don't remember me, but we're both from Maine; I am from Boothbay Harbor and our daughter, Caiya has been home for a year and is 2 and a half.
Hope you had a wonderful trip "home". We're driving up to Maine at the end of June and it will be Caiya's first trip to Maine and she'll meet the rest of my family.

Kim said...

LOVE IT..
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time..
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love the hand holding!
They are so cute together.
AA's Nana

T n' W said...

I wish we lived closer too!!! The girls played so well together. I really enjoyed our visit.

Dita said...

How wonderful that you had a chance to meet up. The girls looks so adorable together. The photo of AA hijacking Sophie's car is hysterical! Oh, boy...I can see Ford combing Craig's list as I type this....Thelma and Louise look out!

What a FUN trip you guys had!

Dita said...

OK...I just went to Sophie's Blog and was cracking up at the video with Ford counting with the girls not missing a beat with the out of order numbers.
Bar none you are SuperDaddy, Ford.

I think you and Don should make a joint video to send into Oprah for your own talk show (she's searching for a new one for her network I hear)...I'd vote for your guys again and again.....