Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Tree Challenge




We put our Christmas tree up on Sunday, December 2nd and finished decorating a few days later.
We used the large C9 white lights instead of the mini lights. We also did not put on all the ornaments we collected over our married years. Using mostly green and red ball ornaments and about 100 gold wooden stars (bought last year for 75% off), the tree has a unified look. Not a look for everyone.

I did sneak on a Lenox Christmas "Moose" I gave DH a few years ago, plus several picture ornaments. My sister and BIL made clear ornaments into family keepsakes one year by putting our individual pictures in them - one of me, DH, DD and DS. They are a MUST to put on the tree each year (I think he used the professional pictures taken during niece N.'s wedding in 1993, so we look VERY good!).

The other ornament that is always on our tree is the mini-Christmas stockings my grandmother knit each year. She would save her prescription pill bottles that fit nicely into the stocking and put gifts in them (usually money$$$!!). We have saved many over the years and would never part with a one. I think us three sisters would kill for them!

In truth, the ornaments we did not put on the tree, were from all the years we did a "dusty/Victorian" rose tree. We love some of the ornaments, but have gone back to the more traditional red/green theme.

I joined the Christmas Tree challenge by Catherine's Chatter - check out all the lovely trees as we all await our new daughters... come on 2008!!!
Merry Christmas!!

Aly & Ford

8 comments:

Catherine said...

What a beautiful tree Alyson and Ford and I love that it's in front of your huge picture window! Looks like you have a gorgeous view!! (I have about 15' between the back of my house and the back of my neighbour's - you'll see it when I post my tree pics, so I appreciate the view others have!)

It is so neat to hear the stories behind the decorations on people's trees. What a fun idea your grandma had!

Thank you for sharing your tree with all of us. I've added it to the Christmas Tree Challenge post!

D said...

So pretty!!!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Love the tree... so nice... still gotta put my tree up yet... have no desire to do it yet... later...

Mimi said...

So Pretty and festive! Tried to get a picture of Livi in front of our tree today but she wasn't having it.Maybe next time.
Love,
Marsha

Kim said...

Love the tree...
Have a Great Sunday..

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to my ENTIRE family in Florida!! Miss you all & am extremely Grateful for you!
All my Maine Love to you,
Mel

Forgetfulone said...

Love your tree! I peeked over at the "challenge" too. Enjoyed that blog as well.

I tagged you for a meme, "Flavor of the Month." If you feel like joining in, great. If not, that's okay, too.

Anonymous said...

I love your tree, especially how it looks in front of the big windows!