Another new recipe: Summer Corn Chowder. Since my Hubby and youngest daughter love corn and there is fresh summer corn in the supermarkets, I decided to give this recipe a try.
I used an immersion blender in the last step, no need to transfer hot liquid to a blender and back - too messy and hazardous!
It was good (no photos...)!
- 8 ears fresh sweet yellow corn, husked and silks removed and kernels cut from cob
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups water
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 - 3 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for serving (optional)