Summer is here! A list is my best friend and this one is about being present with your children.
From Erin Kurt over at LifeHack dot org, I found this on Hands Free Mama. She writes about her family life and it is so refreshing to read her words as many are what I think about but could never put in words as well as she does.
The Top Ten Things Kids Really Want Their Parents To Do With Them
- Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
- Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
- Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
- Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
- At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
- At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
- Let me play outside a lot.
- Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
- Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
- Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.
I have the same emotional moment every time I see one of our children (grown and little) and grandchildren perform/play. It can be any recital, sporting event, family event or when they are reading a book to you. I have to look away as I tear up. I thought I was the only one, I was convinced I have an emotional problem (I probably do, inside can't accept the love of others, painful for me) whatever that means! Love reading articles that clearly help me understand 'life" better. There is so many wonderful Moms and Dads writing about their experiences and family wellness, I can always find great reading about any topic! Hope you enjoy this one.
Check Rachel out on Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/TheHandsFreeRevolution