Thursday, October 11, 2007

Grammie's Crystal Glassware


I posted a while ago about my Grandmother's china that will be passed on to Alyzabeth. I found some odd pieces on eBay to add to the set.

My Grandmother also had three sizes of a clear crystal etched glasses (champagne, water goblet and tall tumbler) to go with the fancy china. I recently found out the pattern name and found some on eBay which I immediately bid on with a vengeance!

I won the auctions and now have 9 more glasses to add for Lizzy. The pattern is named "Princess" which I would have never guessed since the etched pattern is of thistle flowers (or possibly poppies). It is very fine glassware with optic glass panels on the "blank", then etched with a pretty repeating flower pattern. The champagne glasses are actually two different sizes, one being a larger "saucer/bowl". Now to find an old catalog or advertisement to find out all the available pieces.......

7 comments:

Doris & Dan said...

Special mementos. Good for you for finding more to add to the collection.

Keep smilin!

Isabella's Mommy & Daddy said...

Very pretty...
That will be near and dear to Alyzabeth's heart..
Kim

Wendy said...

Those are beautiful!!! What a treasure to be able to pass down to your daughter

rubyiscoming said...

gorgeous - mmmmm, I would use them for dessert presentations, too - i love family heirlooms :)

amy said...

these are just beautiful

redmaryjanes said...

I love china and crystal. Those glasses are beautiful.

Courtney Mei & her Guinness said...

What beautiful and intricately designed stemware! I'll be passing on my Grandma's China to Courtney Mei too.